Leyland farm tractors
Leyland Tractors was founded in 1968 as a result of the merger between Leyland Motors and British Motor Company (BMC). Before this, BMC had been producing its own line of tractors since 1951 but after the merger, it gained the momentum required to compete with aggressive competitors. Following the merger, there was a significant change in the appearance of the produced tractors, which were now painted two-toned blue instead of poppy red. This made identifying these tractors even from a distance easier. For more than a decade, this blue color was used, however, it was replaced later on. The first products of Leyland Tractors included 3.4 and 3.8-litre engines with 10-speed manual transmissions. A significant improvement in the cab's design and safety mechanism was implemented, allowing users to operate the machines with ease even in the most difficult conditions. The ageing engines were replaced in newer models by the 98 series engine and 9x3 Synchro Gearboxes. This advanced technology streamlined operations and added torque, making these tractors even more effective. A total of 24 different tractor models ranging in power between 28 and 100 hp were offered by Leyland Tractors to its customers. Some of the models offered by the company included but were not limited to 154, 235 and 245.