Panzer farm tractors
Panzer had its roots located in Maryland USA where back in 1953, James A. Clark, the founder of the company, tired of no proper way of mowing his lawn decided to come up with an easy-to-use riding lawn-tractor that would aid him in taking care of his lawn with minimal effort and this is how Panzer was born. More than 75 years later, the company's existence is barely noticeable, and its products aren't as ubiquitous as those of several other competitors, but back in the day, Panzer meant business and thus offered great options to customers. Ahrendt Instrument Co. produced Panzer tractors, and the name was chosen through a vote. “Panzer” received the most votes and was thus chosen as the brand's face. It received a lot of attention during the 1954 Garden Supply Trade Show, which became the reason for its global success. Later the Copar brand, derived from College Park (the city where the company was founded) was conceived and the Copar Panzer garden tractors offered safe and reliable yet low-cost options to their customers. The first tractor rolled out of the factory in 1954 and it featured three wheels which were powered by an 8.5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine. Over the years, significant improvements were made to the design and the tractors remained in service for a long time before completely vanishing from this field in the latter part of the century.