Custom Manufacturing farm tractors
Custom Manufacturing was a US-based company that began producing tractors in the post-World War II era, with the first tractor delivered in 1950. These machines were available with Chrysler engines and transmissions. This allowed the company to quickly gain the trust of its customers because all products demonstrated superior build quality and were thus regarded as reliable machines that could easily withstand the test of time. Custom Manufacturing initially operated under the banner of Harry A. Lowther Company but within two years of its operations, it shifted its headquarters and manufacturing facility to Wisconsin. For the next two years, operations were consistent, and thus tractor production continued. However, Custom Manufacturing was acquired by a Mexican firm in 1954. Custom Manufacturing manufactured tractors for a variety of brands, including Rockol, Montgomery Ward, and Regal. Throughout its history, the company has provided its customers with a total of six different tractor models. These machines were equipped with 55-horsepower engines and were capable of performing routine tasks with ease. The models offered by Custom Manufacturing included B, C, E, H, 96 and 98.